RHS Arrow

Music at RHS

Back to Article
Back to Article

Music at RHS

Ruby Weller, Staff Writer and Sports Editor

Another season at Renton and another concert for the school’s band, orchestra, A Capella Choir, and Mixed Choir.

A Capella started off the concert with a cover of the National Anthem. Following the A Capella group was the RHS Mixed Choir. They serenaded the audience with their renditions of America: The Spirit Lives On! (arranged by Douglas E. Wagner), Solider (arranged by Roger Emerson), and lastly Once Upon a December (Words/music by Ahrens & Flaherty, Arranged by Audrey Snyder).

Once the mixed choir students took their seats, A Capella sang their hearts out. They sang a very heartfelt Song for the Unsung Hero (Words/Music by Joseph M. Martin & Pamela Martin), Beati Omnes (Richard Ewer) and O America! (Words/Music by Brendan Graham & William Joseph Arranged by Roger Emerson).

After a short intermission and some awkward transitions, the RHS Chamber Orchestra took the stage. They played short but sweet songs. The list of songs included Finale from Symphony No. 5 by Ludwig Van Beethoven, and the classic from Pocahontas, Colors of the Wind by Menken & Stephen Schwartz.

Following the Orchestra, another short intermission and some less awkward transitions, the RHS Band was set to steal the show. The played the audience their renditions of Friday Harbor by Mark Williams, What Child is This? Arranged by James Swearingen, and the show stopper, the Music from the hit Broadway musical, ‘Chicago,’ arranged by Eric Osterling.

To prepare for concerts, the common theme is to practice a lot before the concert. Specifically, Kathleen Lu, a Renton High School student, says that during a concert the nervousness doesn’t affect you as much as you might think it will.

“I’m nervous, well actually, I’m really nervous, but you know, I just kinda use that fear to power my playing, so I just keep playing anyway, like I power through,” explains Lu.

About the Writer
Ruby Weller, Sports Editor and Writer

Hey! My names Ruby, and I will be writing about the things that are going on in sports and such.

• App Home Page

DECA International qualifiers for RHS students

• Music at RHS

Features and Editorials

Interpreting the mind of a serial killer

• Music at RHS

App Home Page

Lip sync battle

• Music at RHS

App Home Page

Education domination: how the U.S. is behind in educational practices

• Music at RHS

App Home Page

Agape week recap

• Music at RHS

App Home Page

What is it like being an Ell student at Renton High School?

• Music at RHS

App Home Page

Music in school

• Music at RHS

App Home Page

The story behind stories

• Music at RHS

App Home Page

The dangers of “Mother Bird” and negative influence

• Music at RHS

App Home Page

Michael Cohen’s testimony before Congress

The Student News Site of Renton High School
Music at RHS